Last Thursday Well Now Health Solutions hosted its August educational session which was designed to give carers of people with Parkinon’s Disease, valuable information and resources on a range of topics that will assist people living with Parkinson’s, their families and carers to feel more informed about the condition, support the person in their care and enhance the quality of life for both the carer and person with PD.
In Australia, Parkinson’s Disease (PD) effects 1% of people over the age of 60. However, the impact of this disease reaches well beyond the person diagnosed with this condition. Carers of a person diagnosed with PD will be aware of how challenging the condition can be for them and others close to the person.
The session focused on:
- Carer Wellbeing including vulnerbility and resilience
- Sleep including the importance of sleep and good vs poor sleep
- Stress including managing stress and recognising the signs of burnout
- Maintaining the wellbeing of the carer
- Manual handling
- Resources available to carers
The day was a huge success and all those who attended thought it was very informative and would recommend the workshops to their friends and family.